Editor’s Note: The following is a blog post version of an email that is sent out every Monday morning and republished to the Digital Dispatch later in the week. If you want to be part of the cool kids club and get access to the email early, you can subscribe here.
Freightwaves held their first-ever Carrier Summit last week and per the usual, it was packed full of insight from great speakers.One standout for me was the keynote given by Phillip Stutts of Win Big Media—who had one of the most impressive talks I’ve ever witnessed. Filled with insight on how to adjust your marketing and recruiting message, the data analytics firm had the below insight to share:
- 88-percent of users will abandon a website if it’s not mobile-friendly and those users will never return.
- 50-percent of all purchasing decisions are coming from 3rd party referrals (think testimonials, reviews, etc.) If you’re not marketing to referrals right now, you’re not doing enough.
- 84-percent of all purchasing decisions are made because a high-quality engaging video has been included on the website or an email. See the middle of this email for some industry-specific examples of video marketing.
- Compared to March, four times as many Americans think life will never be the same. Americans are getting more nervous and scared; and if you’re not adapting to understanding what they’re going through with your marketing, you’re making a mistake.
- Buyers right now (just like most people) are only making buying decisions based on needs—not wants. Everyone is cutting their budgets and you have to message to potential buyers in a way to make them feel safe and that you’re looking out for them.
Hit up the agenda section on the Freightwaves website to watch replays of any of the talks, including Win Big Media. Or you can watch recaps of the entire day from What the Truck:
All of this insight is exactly why we created the Freight School Playbook (FSP) brand–you need to be able to stand out from the pack with budget-friendly marketing that speaks to your target audience. See the bottom of this email for info on how you can win a free year’s worth of marketing and sales courses from FSP.
[worth] scouting report
- Have a mall in your hometown that has seen better days? Most would answer this with a resounding YES. Well, Amazon and other e-commerce giants may start putting that space to good use again.
- The USPS has been in trouble for quite some time. And this Twitter thread breaks down some data-driven insights that the light might not be at the end of this tunnel.
- Oh to be a child is to be completely enamored with the smallest events from everyday life like these children who cheer a construction worker who’s simply shoveling dirt.
- Listen, when you see a blatant travel in a basketball game, you call it. Doesn’t matter how cute the kid is.
- Also in unrelated logistics news but still entertaining, Wonder Woman 1984 and Robert Pattinson’s Batman both dropped new trailers over the weekend. And it’s exactly what DC fans (and movie fans in general) have been craving.
- A fantastically simplified Twitter thread on How to Build a Marketing Plan from 0-1: beginner’s guide.
Also as an FYI—can you believe NFL games are as little as 3-weeks away?!
your #1 fan
If you made it this far in the email, allow us to introduce Digital Dispatch. Our team creates ROI-driven websites with cohesive digital marketing plans for logistics and transportation brands. Fancy talk for saying we help you make better decisions on where to spend your digital dollars.
Interested in taking your in-house marketing and sales teams to the next level? Our newest product, Freight School Playbook, is launching on September 15th as a membership community to teach industry-specific courses in marketing and sales strategy. Not only are we documenting the launch process on Tiktok, but we’re giving away three annual memberships to those who join the waitlist prior to launch.
Editor’s Note: This email is sent out every Monday morning and republished to the Digital Dispatch blog later in the week.
If you want to be part of the cool kids club and get the email early, you can subscribe here.