Have you thought about your biggest career challenge? How did you prepare for it? What did you learn from it? Or is your biggest career challenge coming up that you’re looking for help on?
I just faced this exact situation and I want to talk about the difficulties faced prepping for my first conference speech.
So in this show and as we make the transition into more of an entrepreneurial lifestyle podcast, I wanted to talk about the difficulties, the highs, and the lows, of preparing for my first speech at a big conference, Freightwaves Transparency19:
- Handling a big career challenge on top of your regular workload
- Why it’s important to challenge yourself even if it terrifies you
- Make no mistake public speaking fucking terrifies me.
- One thing I did throughout this entire process was to take notes. Not just about the product, bugs, feature improvements, but what I was feeling. What I was thinking.
- Things like “fuck these marketing dashboards”, why did i wait so long to start this project? I shoulda started this months ago. Can I really do this? Why does anyone want to hear from me?
- That internal dialogue you have with yourself that can sometimes be your biggest fan or your biggest enemy
Where to Find Digital Dispatch & Blythe:
Digital marketing courses for the logistics industry: Freight School Playbook
Got something to say?
Have a topic you’d like to see covered? Or a guest you want to hear on the show? Fill out the tip submission form on the Digital Dispatch website.