The ethos of competition is better, faster, stronger.
We see it in every aspect of business, life, and of course, sports. More specifically The Olympic Games.
And in 2020, where we saw what the world looked like without sports, we saw what a society looks like without rooting for a common goal.
With all that said, it was interesting to dive into the logistics of the Tokyo Olympics and how that has evolved–and continues to evolve even days before the opening ceremonies. This story does pair well with the show notes so be sure to check those out for any visuals I’m referring to.
Where to Find Digital Dispatch & Blythe:
SHOW NOTES GRAHPICS
- Tokyo Olympic Games 10 years in the making
- Concentration–of people to supplies
- All this plus the Covid impact
- The broadcast building
- Similar to the NFL draft
- New sports debuting
- Tokyo originally submitted a bid for the Olympics after the devastation of the earthquake
- Just take a look at one of the displays
- Just take a look at some of the stories that come out of the Olympics: