You’ve likely heard the phrase “if you don’t study history, you’re doomed to repeat it.” So why has much of the shipping world operated in a silo, where we’re just chugging along, making the same mistakes, and not learning from each other? That’s what we’re diving into today with maritime history professor Sal Mercogliano as well as where we stand in the marketing world. After all, the history of shipping is the history of the world and a good marketer needs to know this historical perspective compared to the present-day if they’re going to be good at storytelling.
- Watch replays of Cyberly on Freightwaves TV
- Follow Cyberly’s podcast on Apple or Spotify
- Connect with Blythe via her website or on Linkedin, YouTube, and TikTok
- Follow Sal Mercogliano on Twitter
- Check out Sal’s show “What’s Going On With Shipping” on YouTube
- Tiktok becomes the most popular domain of 2021
- Edelman’s new study covering Linkedin B2B buying stats