I’ve been a podcaster since 2014 but when I launched a new show in November of 2020—I took some very different steps after years of in~the~trenches knowledge.
Check out everything I learned and the strategy behind these decisions so it can help you along your podcasting journey.
Things You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- Finding the content you already got
- Uploading strategically before sharing with friends and family
- Submitting your podcast to all of the available (and free!) directories
- How to tell if a guest is a good fit for your audience
- The tools I use to record and edit my show
- Why clips for social media are so important
Links from the show:
- Camtasia video/audio editing software
- Mecca tha Marvelous (custom beats/intro music for your show)
- Camtasia tutorials on YouTube
- Kaptioned video captioning app for iOS
Not mentioned in the show but still pretty rad:
- The pod was recently ranked #11 out of FeedSpot’s Top 30 Freight Podcasts.
- Host Blythe Brumleve was named as “Top 7 Inspiring B2B Women to Follow on LinkedIn”
Where to Find Digital Dispatch & Blythe:
Got something to say?
Have a topic you'd like to see covered? Or a guest you want to hear on the show? Fill out the tip submission form on the Digital Dispatch website.